So what comes to mind when the phrase “self improvement” or “self help” pops up?
- Think and Grow Rich
- Rich Dad Poor Dad
- Law of Attraction
- NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming)
- Oh, how can I forget Anthony Robbins!
- Inspiring stories from various religions
- Knowing how the mind works…like the clip below 🙂
What main lessons can we draw after we go through at least all of the above?
I’m sure you’ll find lessons unique to your case. Anyway, here’s a bit of my impressions:
- You are MORE than what you think.
- DO the right things to get the right results. When working harder and more hours gives very diminishing returns, it’s time to look into Approach B. C. D and E. Maybe G. Plan a few moves ahead.
- Draw out the right EMOTIONS to empower your actions. So, you can last longer and accomplish more than expected. Harness emotions that easily stirs up in you (might be negative or positive) since they may be more accessible. But, always use it for good outcomes.
- Make use of SYSTEMS. If not, system-ize the process. If it cannot be system-ize not matter what, you might want to eventually work on something that can be system-ized. Everyone needs more time to enjoy that a cup of something delicious.
- Give yourself a break whenever you need it. Humor yourself. LAUGH.
- It’s not about money, it’s about getting things DONE within datelines…without causing casualties. Always aim for the golden ISO “No one was killed in the making of this production” yeah.
- Habits go a LONG way. Maybe even before you were born…
- Over plan, underachieve . Feel
damnreal GOOD about it! Over plan, achieve everything. Feel absolutely GREAT about it! Switch between these two often.
- Everything is possible. If it’s impossible, scale down the task. Therefore, everything is absolutely POSSIBLE.